Saturday, March 21, 2009

Creativity

The thing about creativity is that it doesn't come with an on switch.

I'll miss a nights sleep because the thinker won't shut down, and I'll stare at a screen for a day without so much as a word written out.

I know I write well, and I know I write interesting but consistency is an issue.

Imagine if I could hammer things out on demand, spell words like demand without making three attempts to hit the right combination of keys.

I know, I win at typing.

I should have payed attention in school, or maybe I shouldn't have taken french immersion from kindergarten to grade ocho. That really fucked up my spelling skills.

Back on topic, I wish I could be creative all the time, and I wish when I wanted to vegetate I could without problems.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thus is the rub with talent ... it's temperamental.

    ReplyDelete