Monday, January 12, 2009

The future

Lately I have become very pessimistic about the future.

Not my future exactly, I have managed to maintain my optimism regarding what my life will hold.

But on the future in general.

I see rocks turning into dust.

I see collapse, and famine, and war, and selfishness, and ignorance.

I see it all ending.

And it hurts me. It makes me fear leaving a legacy.

Why make something to last, if it won't.

Why make something...

I don't think that this fear is rational, or productive.

But it is there. And I have to face it one day, stare it down and find a way to make a future possible.

That is my biggest dream to be involved with what one day will be considered the thing that changed everything.

For the best.

Or at least the less bad.

That would be a nice legacy.

To be an Oppenheimer.

He changed it all, or at least had a hand in it. And as much as people look down on what he created, there were so many benefits. Intangible, transparent and hidden benefits but they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment